So here's something I was thinking about today: how alike and how different my two boys are. Here's a comparison:
- likes to eat crackers
- wakes up early
- slow eater, small appetite
- likes to be neat and clean
- is timid and cautious around water, even the bath
- likes to sleep under his blankets and with his socks on
- probably has a better vocabularly than some 6 year olds and can already spell (out, no, yes, Robby, Joey, Mommy, Daddy, Nana, stop)
- likes to eat cheese
- sleeps later
- passionate eater
- doesn't mind being messy (case in point: tonight he used his yogurt and oatmeal to paint his face during dinner!)
- thoroughly enjoys the water, especially splashing in the bath!
- likes to kick off any blankets and takes his socks off any chance he gets
- makes his mind known with brief commands (mine!, stop!, wanit!)
It's fascinating watching them grow as individuals, and as brothers and companions. It makes me so happy to see them having so much fun together, being silly, Joey copying everything he sees Robby do, Robby trying to teach Joey things, an actual friendship growing. It's interesting to consider how much is related to birth order and how much to innate personality. And mostly it all just raises the question: what if we have a third child?