Please visit me at my new blog address: http://the-bright-side-of-the-road.blogspot.com/


Monday, June 8, 2009

Signs of Summer

Couple of things that make me realize summer is here:

1. Watermelon: yum, sweet and cool and the mess makes them ideal for eating outside

2. Ice cream cones (ok, we eat these even in freezing, snowy weather, but still, ice cream cones really say summer)

3. Cool little dudes in sunglasses

4. The sound of lawn mowers: the open windows make it easier to hear the mowers and this noise always sounds like summer to me. Then the smell of freshly cut grass enhances it.

5. The Greek Fair: always around the last week of May/first week of June, and just as the weather starts to heat up. I love that from our open bedroom windows you can hear the shouts and screams of people on the rides.
Happy summer!

No comments: