Please visit me at my new blog address: http://the-bright-side-of-the-road.blogspot.com/


Sunday, November 27, 2011

Counting My Blessings - 30 Days of Gratitude

30 Days of Gratitude - mini book, cover

A few years ago I was inspired to try to keep a list of things I was thankful for each day in November. I still have the notebook, but somehow I never completed the month-long list. I still liked the idea of focusing on daily thanks giving for November, and when I saw this lovely little gratitude list book by Lisa Ottosson, I was motivated to give the idea more than a passing thought. I noticed she used a journaling card from Crystal Wilkerson, which led me to the discovery of a whole set of journaling cards in Crystal's shop that I could see would make for easy pages.

30 Days of Gratitude - mini book, Nov 7

I printed and cut the cards, stamped a date for each day, added a title card and some pretty ribbon, and in the end I had a cute little book I couldn't wait to fill. Each morning, I jotted down something from the previous day I was thankful for on a bit of scrap paper and every few days I added to the cards. I tried to focus on just one item from each day, but some days are more list-style. Since it's all about being thankful, I'm pretty sure I don't need to impose any rules on myself. On the opposite pages, I may add a photo or one of Crystal's gratitude quote cards.

30 Days of Gratitude - mini book, Nov 18

I am truly enjoying this little project, and appreciating the reminder to look for the blessings in every day. With the start of Advent, I also feel this project has helped to give me a better perspective for the Christmas season too.

Hope you have been enjoying the season of thanksgiving and are looking forward to the Christmas season too.

(Supplies: Spring/Summer 2011 - Journaling Cards, by Crystal Wilkerson, binder rings, ribbon from Making Memories, date stamp from Staples)

1 comment:

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

Such a wonderful project and such a cute presentation!